Anyone watching a Thanksgiving Day parade knows Santa Claus has come to town — and to TV, which is brimming with holiday specials as the season sets under way in earnest. Among the offerings:
• “Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town,” formally, at 8 p.m. Friday on ABC (WXYZ-Channel 7 in Detroit).
• CBS offers a full Yuletide slate over the next couple of days, with “Frosty the Snowman” and “Frosty Returns” at 8 and 8:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 27, and “Robbie the Reindeer: Legend of the Lost Tribe” and “The Story of Santa Claus” at 8:30 and 9 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 28 (WWJ-Channel 62 in Detroit).
• NBC goes back-to-back Friday, Nov. 27, with an old favorite, “How the Grinch Stole Christmas!” at 8 p.m. and the brand new “Minions Holiday Special” at 8:30 p.m. (WDIV-Channel 4 in Detroit).
• “Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer” once again at 8 p.m. Friday on The CW (WKBD-Channel 50 in Detroit).
• The romantic — and LGBT topical — comedy “Happiest Season” begins streaming Friday via Hulu.
• PBS will re-air “All Is Calm: The Christmas Truce of 1914,” the documentary about the pause taken at the beginning of World War I, starting Friday. Check local listings for air dates.